Monday, November 10, 2008

Important Dates! (RE-POST - WITH NEW UPDATES)


This is going to be a really short post but one of the most important of all posts I had ever put up :)

Dec 7 ~ Singapore Marathon (I'm running the half marathon)

26 days seems like just around the corner!!! On the other hand, I just can't wait, because I'm fully trained to compete. Had been training for 6 months. We'll see huh? I'm aiming to complete the 21km in 2 hours and 10 minutes. That's about how long it takes for me to drive to Ipoh this Wednesday... madness!!! LOL

Dec 25 ~ Jesus' birthday I'm budgeting around RM777.77 this Christmas for gifts. Although I'd never in my life received gifts worth more than RM100 (every friends' gifts combined) in any Christmas ever, I am still inclined to give as much as I am comfortable in giving. I had always held on to the belief that it is more blessed to give than to receive :) Besides, I need to grow in my giving. Spent RM500++ last year. Maybe that's why I'm blessed with so many other things, like a superb wife-to-be, a great job, a house, a car, favour wherever I go, etc. Thank You Jesus!

Jan 5 ~ My sister's birthday I had already given her the iPod that my baby blessed me with the last time she came over to my place last month, so no need to spend anymore :) I had never touched it ok, in case you all think that I'm giving my sister second-hand stuffs for her birthday. And why am I giving it away? Because I don't need it. Simple as that :)

Jan 7 ~ My baby's birthday Me :)

Jan 12 ~ My birthday Her :)

End Jan ~ TOEFL Exam About 3 months left to study! YIKES!

Feb 11 ~ My baby's BACK! Wooooooohooooooo! Can't wait! Dreamt about her coming back last night :)

Feb 14 ~ Marriage registration (Legally married) I had managed to book this date with Klang's Hokkien Association last week... phew... and got to know that traditionally, because hundreds of couples are getting registered on this day, they don't conduct the signing ceremony on the day itself. So I had to go with her, her witness, and my witness on Feb 12 to do the marriage signing ceremony and then on Feb 14, go collect the marriage certificate, which will be dated Feb 14, and of course, take some photos! Since it is a very special date, the cost was RM160, RM100 more expensive than other "ordinary" dates. But what is RM100 when it comes to commemorating an extremely special and important date?

Feb 14-21 Wedding photo-shooting in Guangzhou, China Dang, not only we need to prepare for this trip but we need to prepare to look good too... from top to bottom. No kidding. This will be my first trip to Guangzhou, my second to China.

Mar 7 ~ Our 24th Anniversary of being together :) We are celebrating this earlier, in Guangzhou :)

May 1 ~ My brother's birthday His 24th. Hmmm... haven't thought of what to get him... When is the next Mega Sales?

May 23 ~ My dad's birthday His 63rd. I had already bought him something a few months ago :)

July 21 ~ Wedding dinner in Kuching, Sarawak (my hometown) Booked the restaurant already, now compiling the list of guests to invite.

July 25 ~ Church wedding, Lunch reception, Exclusive dinner (Officially married) Booked the church hall, florist (Auntie Lydia), pastor... now need to book the caterer for lunch, and do up the list of guests. Already booked the restaurant below my office as standby for the dinner. Not yet finalise the dinner venue with my future father-in-law as he is currently in Beijing.

End July ~ GMAT Exam About 8 months left to study something totally unrelated to my field of expertise... *gulp*

Aug ~ Goodbye Malaysia! Happy? Sad? Hmmm... probably both :I

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Hi John,
I like that you keep a running list of what you have coming up in your life.
You are a much more organized person than I am! I could learn something from your example! Thank you!

I hope the world is being good to you these days! :)

Thursday, November 13, 2008 2:31:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

Thanks for your lovely comment Donna :)

I wish you millions of hugs and kisses from your loved ones :D

Thursday, November 13, 2008 4:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home